Monday, August 03, 2015

Cliff Richard and Cilla Black

I have a certain affinity with British pop singers. Perhaps that was because when I was growing up in the 1960s the pop music industry was dominated by the American and British pop artistes. And being a product of British styled education and my country being previously under the British colonialism until 1957 I was exposed quite a lot to pop music coming out of Great Britain. My first introduction was to the songs of Cliff Richard in 1961 I think. Since then I've had the pleasure of following most of his songs as well as by his band, the Shadows, who I equally like. I've watched Cliff perform live in the Arena of Stars up in Genting Highlands, Malaysia on February 9, 2007 and on October 14 this year I'll be excited to watch him live again, and probably for the last time, at the Royal Albert Hall at his 75th Birthday Concert.

Over the years I've followed the news of the passing of many of my favorite singers. In the past 3 days I learned of the death of Lynn Anderson who sang Rose Garden to her fame and today the sad news that Cilla Black too has gone to her glory. Please follow Sir Cliff tribute to her in this report.

And here's my favorite song by the late Ms Cilla Black.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...