Thursday, March 20, 2014

Chasing Down My Weight

I confess I am not the physically active type. I indulge in few sporting events since school days and I type myself more of a brainy person. Over the past 10 years I could feel myself growing 'prosperous' especially around my waistline. Looking at my older photos I could track the bulge growing. It wasn't alarming really but for my height and weight my Body Mass Index puts me as moderately obese. I have mild hypertension and cholesterol level which are medically managed and under control. Recently I had my blood and urine tested and the results are within expected range. I really should be pleased but I'm not because my pants are getting tight. I recall during my Eastern Europe holiday last year I struggled tucking in my shirt. One unhealthy outcome of holiday is under-exercising and over-eating. I don't want to start my Japan holiday with tight pants as I have to wear two layers of clothing in the cold weather. So 2 weeks ago I decided to control my diet and start exercising. My tummy did get smaller but not impressively but my pants fit better. I decided to diet when my weight hit above 83kg when it was hovering between 78-81kg over the past 2 years. I hope to bring it down to 78kg or less even after the holiday. I had resume walking but the recent haze made it risky and the monsoon season that just started means fewer days to walk when it rains. But I try indoor exercises and cutting back snacking. My rice intake is a third of my usual portion. And I drink freshly prepared vegetable juice. My routine has taken a definite change including half boiled eggs and quick oats instead of bread. I have hunger tinge which I take it as a good sign, it means I've not over-ate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...