Thursday, April 05, 2012

Starry Starry Night

Tonight I helped Andrew into his car seat after dinner is done. It is a nightly ritual but tonight since daddy works late I have the honour of strapping him down. Andrew is a grown boy, much bigger and taller for a 2 year 3 months kid. Perhaps he is heavier as I am older but like the Hollies sang, 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' I'd apply the same to Andrew, or William, or Grace, or Victoria (if she'd let me).

As I lifted him in I saw the bright moon shining from the cloudless skies above (tonight is the 15th day of the 3rd month in the Lunar calendar), and across the other side of the dark skies, a satellite shone brightly together with some stars. And yes, a blinking moving light revealed a plane too was passing by: moon, satellite, stars and plane. A sight I seldom see and tonight I appreciate.

As usual both Grace and Andrew would hug my wife and I and wished us 'goodnight' not once but many times even as the car sped away. I can still hear the words, 'goodnight gung gung; goodnight gung gung' ringing in my ears as I write this post.

Writing this post reminds me of Don McLean's 'Starry Starry Night'

3 comments:

Julian said...

I have Google Sky Map on my phone. Pretty nifty application to show the different constellations in the night sky. :)

Peter Yew said...

If you are indoor that would be a great substitute but nothing beats pulling up a easy chair on your lawn and enjoy the heavenly displays on a clear night sky.

Julian said...

I used it outdoors. It's a great companion to a cloudless night sky without second guessing if I'm looking at Venus or a distant star. I'll show it to you when you're here. Hoping for clear skies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...