Monday, December 12, 2011

A Glorious Monday

I was a little late in rising at 7.30am but soon I was on my way to the park. I brought along my Galaxy Ace headset. There were several cars at the park and a group of ladies were performing their jazzercise. As I moved to the jogging track I set up my headset and plug in to my assorted music collections stored in the SD card. The morning air was damp, it had drizzled hours ago. My wife said to wear a cap to keep my head dry. She's a thoughtful wife. As we couldn't find one I said to skip it for now.

'Something Good' was a song that came over the headphone, by Herman's Hermits and I thought how true. Life should be lived in expectation of something good happening. Christmas is round the corner, and is something good for mankind. A song from the 50s titled 'Washington Square Dance' took me back to the 70s when I tried to dance. I was hopeless but nevertheless still harbor the thought that I can dance a bit like Michael Jackson, or move my hip like Elvis Presley or jive like Cliff Richard who next sang 'It's All In A Game'. I wonder if life is really a game that people play? Sadly some do and use people to their selfish advantages.

As I jogged I passed a lady sitting on a park bench, her wheelchair nearby. We smiled. I guess she wished she too could walk the park as her daughter was doing on her own. As I gazed up the skies and watched the morning swallows soared above, it was then my turn to wish I could be there among them too.

All too soon my time is up and I wound down, rinsed my hands using water from a bottle in my car, and drove home. It is a good start to a new day and a new week. I feel privileged.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,yes you are the chosen priviledged few to enjoy life so keep it up and feel the beauty of life as its meant to be,forget the hustle and bustle of life and the people who cannot appreciate the true meaning of life. Stay happy my friend and Thank God for the blessings.Regards AL MAL.

Peter Yew said...

Dear Al, never doubt for once that I am blessed. Grateful for everything that came, come and coming my way. Regards, Peter

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...