Tuesday, November 22, 2011

After Lipton

Lipton died November 9. We are now looking for another dog to reign the compound. My preferred choice is a labrador retriever which is similar to the more popular golden retriever but with shorter coat and hence easier to care. The other reason is a lab has good temperament to kids and non aggressive although it can bark and frighten away strangers due to its appearance and size. My dilemma is whether I get a pup or a juvenile which has some basic training. Alternatively I may have to consider a mixed breed. The ultimate concern is whether the new pet can fit into our lives better than Lipton. I understand that a trained dog will produce great joy and although we've never been trainers perhaps this will be a good time to groom our new pet. It will be a spayed female, preferably cream colored with a positive outlook. I am not hurrying but as opportunities arise I think we will make our choice deliberately based on consensus.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,Good luck in finding LIPTON replacement,i remembered many years ago my neighbour in Kucing Sarawak,a very nice chinese man with a trained Dog told me this simple deep meaning words....

A man may smile and bid you hail
Yet wish you to the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level.

I will never be able to have one,for obvious reason, but you can so go and find one that you will enjoy as much as Lipton.
God Bless and kind regards AL MAL.

Peter Yew said...

Dear Al, so the saying a dog is a man's best friend is true, for he bears no malice. I pray that whichever dog we adopt or buy will be a faithful friend and member of our family. It is sad that we trust an animal more than each other, for that I mean relationship outside of the family. I'm sure for the horses you deal with they are a class unto themselves, willing to serve their masters unquestionably. You take care always. Peter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...