Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sitiawan Nite



My wife and I drove to Klang for this function organized by the OPA of my alma mater, Anglo Chinese School, Sitiawan, and some volunteer organizers to gather friends from my hometown, even from different schools, for a time of reminiscence and enjoyment. As one of the organizers said, when we grow old and children leave us, who else do we turn to but friends of old? Even though we may not have kept faithful contact, memories of former classmates always rekindle friendships anew. So it was with this thought that I set aside yesterday to meet up with my old friends. I was disappointed that some did not make it although they live in the vicinity but I was encouraged by others who came from even farther than me.

The venue was the Restoran Taman Rashna and former class monitor Kao gave clear directions though I also used my GPS to double check. We arrived earlier to chat a little. The combination of good food, good conversation, free beer, free table gifts and free door gifts made the event a great winner. And it cost just RM50 a head.

Leaving the restaurant at 10.30pm I depended on my GPS now loaded with a new updated map to get home.

4 comments:

H S Lee said...

It is OPA day which coincided with Sitiawan nite. LOL

Peter Yew said...

HS, nice of you to check in. Yes, I remember you said this in your MC role. It is a double whammy to get more Sitiawanians to come together and you guys did it either great success. Congratulations.

H S Lee said...

Peter, when Nan Hwa old boys who bought tickets from me, wanted to know why the tickets are for OPA ACS gathering I told him just that and we had a laugh together.

Peter Yew said...

I guess there were some confusion and misunderstanding as to the target participants but alls well with a rowdy Foochow style gathering. It's noisy but we ain't Chinese if we ain't noisy aren't we?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...