Thursday, July 21, 2011

Love is Always Sixteen



I want to share this lyrics of the song entitled 'Always Sixteen' by Billy Ray Cyrus. I could not find his song on YouTube to share here.

Old Mr. Johnson and his wife attend my church.
Fifty-two years and they still love like it's the first.
He holds the door, she holds his hand, they kiss a little.
He helps her in the truck, she slides right to the middle.
And so one day I ask him how they keep the fire alive.
He said: "You see two old people, but somethin' down deep inside.

"Love is always sixteen.
"It's always the same, though people might change
"Its forever young:
"Love don't have to turn cold, though lovers grow old.
"Love don't have to grow weak,
"‘Cause love is always sixteen."

Baby, don't you find it just a little bit peculiar,
However close we get, we're never too familiar.
Everyday I wake up lovin' you so much it hurts,
And, baby, every kiss we kiss still feels like it's the first.
And it turns me on to know this feeling's never gonna fade.
I'm still gonna want you even when we're old and grey.

Love is always sixteen.
It's always the same, though people might change
Its forever young:
Love don't have to turn cold, though lovers grow old.
Love don't have to grow weak,
‘Cause love is always sixteen.

Through all of its phases, it's timeless and ageless.
You’re like the sun in a clear morning sky.

Love is always sixteen.
It's always the same, though people might change
Its forever young:
Love don't have to turn cold, though lovers grow old.
Love don't have to grow weak,
‘Cause love:
‘Cause love is always sixteen.
Is always sixteen.




This is an appeal to the older people: do not let the glow of your yesteryears dim and fade, nor feel embarrassed to show your affection to your beloved wife or husband. Love is ageless, love is blind. Be forever united in body and soul through your physical expression of your gentle and kindly love. Be patient and lend your listening ears. Be willing to repeat yourself when the first attempt wasn't well heard. Laugh when you forget, it will soon come back. But never forget whom you love, 'cos love is always sixteen for those whose love is evergreen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,Yes show love while you still can both husband and wife.

Love me tomorrow for it is a new day
Love me again like you did the first day
Love me always for my heart beats for yours
Kiss me sweetly and gently upon tomorrow morning
Hold me tightly for I'm afraid to fall
Don't forget your promises for I had too many broken
Hold my hand to guide the way
Hold my heart to keep it safe
Tell me tomorrow that today wasn't a dream
Tell me sweet nothings as I begin to sleep
And Ill always remind you that I am yours alone
Truly and forever until we are reborn
Then I will find you once again
To tell you I love you all over again.
yes Peter love is always sixteen.
thank you for the reminder. fr AL MAL.



Source: Love Me Tomorrow, Love Forever Poems http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/love/poetry.asp?poem=19702#ixzz1She0Q2U5
Family Friend Poems

Peter Yew said...

My dear Al, you shared a beautiful poem here. I'm sure my blog visitors who read it will be comforted. Thank you.

It is no surprise we hear many people declare that love is gold but sometimes it can unfortunately be cold yet the best effort in our journey of love is to hold on to it.

Cliff Richard sang 'I'll Love You Forever Today'. May this be our goal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...