Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Christchurch I Cry for Thee



I was very saddened when I read about the killer earthquake yesterday that killed at least 75 people, the toll expecting to increase as hope of rescuing those trapped under the rubbles fade as time drag on. In 2006 my wife and I had visited New Zealand and took home fond memories of Christchurch. We had no inkling that this city sat on a fault line that would 5 years later built up a crack large enough to cause a quake. I pray that the government and city council will find the resolve to rebuild the damage. It is easier to rebuild broken buildings but harder to restore the spirit of many people who suffered losses. In time like this perhaps seeking the divine comfort and answer would mean much to some people.

Here is an evolving pictorial report of the quake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...