Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Celebrating A Friend's First Family Wedding

TCS and I have been classmates since our primary school days. After Form 6 we part way; he went to study medicine in India while I stayed put in the country to do my Chemistry degree. While he was ahead of me academically I beat him in the arena of setting up family first. Perhaps he had the handicap of doing a longer study as well as fulfilling his government scholarship bond which meant he started family later than I. It is only earlier this month that his eldest, a daughter, was married. Well, he beat me in another way: he had 5 children while I had 3, and he had 3 doctors of those children who graduated. Last Saturday my wife and I attended the wedding blessing service and wedding dinner in Ipoh. Although he 'lost' a daughter, he 'gained' a son-in-law who is also a doctor. Looks like it is a doctor family.

The wedding ceremony and dinner also allow us to meet up some of my old classmates. It was a great weekend. We also met with my former Chemistry teacher in Form 6, Mrs. Wong. The demure soft spoken lady changed so little as to be instantly recognizable. She is the one seated in the middle wearing black in the second picture below. Check her out HERE (front row, 4th from the right) when she was our teacher.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...